Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Living out loud...from the closet

I'm laying in bed with my wife, with more contentment than I ever thought possible. The love we share unmatched by anything else I have even come close to experiencing.

The problem? Our bed lay in the middle of an uber religious area, she comes from a family firmly rooted in this religion and our love, our life and our marriage is completely hidden and secret.

Why? Because we happen to be two women who fell in love. Incredible, soul full filling, as deep in my heart as you can get love.

So we are living out loud...but from a closet still.

We have this love between us and nary a soul in this town knows. She had been married for 15 years, had two kids. Not a soul in her life would ever suspect she would find the love of her life in the arms of another woman. Let alone me. Nor did I ever suspect my truest soul mate was in the arms of another woman.

Finding your soul mate, the love of your life should be one of the happiest moments of your life, to be shared with all. But my soul mate happens to be the same gender. So although we are happy in private, and people can tell we are happy period, no one knows it is each other that makes us happy.

I just don't see the problem in this world. So what if you're gay?! What does it hurt straight people. Great, your love is a guy which means you'll have a society acceptable life, can have a family a little more easily and will be saved from years of fighting for your rights and hatred from others. But what would it hurt if I happen to want to be with a woman? Why does that suddenly make me a bad person?

I can't help who I am madly in love with. And trust me, I had plenty of guys, good guys I could have loved and married but none made me feel this way and none made me this happy and none loved me for me like she does.

But I'll save the conversation about being with a woman was not a choice but destiny for another post.

All I really have to say to the haters is this- more gay people come from straight couples than from a gay couple raising a child.

Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment